Mold Inspection Service and Professional Mold Removal in Ocean Township
Mold in the home can quickly turn into a homeowner’s nightmare. When mold spores grow in your home, they can damage both your property and your health. Sometimes it is possible to spot mold by sight alone, but mold often grows in places that cannot be seen. If mold growth is allowed to continue for weeks or months, it can lead to permanent property damage and severe health issues.
The process for removing mold from your home is thankfully not as complicated as it may seem. The key is to contact professional mold inspectors and removers as soon as you suspect mold growth in your home. Removing mold as quickly and efficiently as possible will help to keep you and your family safe. Keep reading to learn about mold inspection and removal services in Ocean Township.
Spot Mold Growth in Your Home Quickly
The sooner you notice signs of mold growth, the sooner you can have mold removed from your home. Unfortunately, mold growth is not always easy to spot with your eyes. Mold spores can spread through your home in places that are difficult to see, including inside your walls. When mold continues to grow for long periods of time, it can lead to serious health issues for you and your family as well as permanent damage to your property.
Almost everyone has heard of black mold, but there are many types of benign and dangerous molds found in Ocean Township. Even if mold is not visible, there are some ways that you can identify mold growth in your home. Below are some common signs that may indicate mold spores are spreading.
- Mildew smells often accompany mold growth in the home. We can easily get used to musty or mildew smells in basements and attics, but they indicate unhealthy living environments. It is sometimes possible to identify mold growth based on smell even if you cannot see visible signs of mold spores.
- If you do happen to spot mold growing in your home, it is important to contact a mold inspector as soon as possible. Often, visible mold growth is a sign of much more extensive mold problems that are out of sight. Attempting to remove mold yourself will only result in inhaling mold spores or causing mold to spread even further.
- When respiratory issues become common or more prominent for you or your family, mold could be the root of the problem. Mold growing in your home can lead to allergic reactions or worsened symptoms for asthma.
Identify the Types of Mold in Ocean Township, NJ
Even though black mold is the most well-known type of dangerous mold, it is not the only things homeowners should be concerned about. There are many types of mold that grow in New Jersey and identifying mold can help you understand the impact of mold on your home better. Mold is a fungus, and it can easily spread throughout your home quickly.
There are three classifications of mold: allergenic molds, pathogenic molds, and toxigenic molds. Allergenic molds lead to allergic reactions and worsened symptoms for allergies. With pathogenic molds present, people who suffer from acute illnesses are at a greater risk for health issues. Toxigenic molds, also known as toxic mold, are dangerous for anyone in your home and can potentially lead to death if left untreated.
- Alternaria is an allergenic mold that looks dark green or brown. It typically has a velvet-like texture and grows in damp areas such as showers or leaking sinks.
- Aspergillus is an allergenic mold that can appear in many colors. It is common to houses in America and can lead to serious allergic symptoms.
- Aureobasidium is an allergenic mold that looks pink, brown, or black. It is usually found behind wallpaper or growing behind painted surfaces.
- Cladosporium is an allergenic mold that can grow in warm or cold conditions. It is an olive-green color or brown, and it may be found in fabrics or carpets.
- Mucor is an allergenic mold that is white or gray and grows in thick patches. It may grow near air conditioning systems or ducting with high moisture and condensation.
- Penicillin is an allergenic mold that is blue or green and has a velvet-like texture. It may be found in fabrics such as carpets or wallpapers and ducting. It also spreads very quickly.
- Trichoderma is an allergenic mold that is usually white with green patches. It is typically found in wet surfaces or moist areas in homes.
- Ulocladium is a pathogenic mold that is generally black. It may be found in buildings with extreme water damage, but it can be easily confused with different mold types.
- Acremonium is a toxigenic mold that may appear pink, gray, orange, or white. It grows in places with condensation, such as humidifiers or window sealants.
- Chaetomium is a toxigenic mold that starts white and changes to gray and brown or black over time. It is commonly found in damp roofs, leaking basements or sinks.
- Fusarium is an allergenic and toxigenic mold that is found in homes experiencing water damage. It is typically pink, white or red, and it can cause serious skin infections.
- Stachybotrys is a toxigenic mold commonly known as “black mold.” It is dark green or black and slimy. It can be found in damp areas with high humidity levels and causes severe health issues.
Mold Inspection in Ocean Township, NJ
Mold inspection is crucial if you suspect that mold is growing in your home. Contacting a professional mold inspector ensures that all mold growth in your house is identified in a safe and efficient manner. If mold is allowed to continue growing in your home for weeks or months, the health issues for your family can be very serious and damage to your home can be permanent.
When you are searching for a professional mold inspector, you should always request their qualifications. The best mold inspectors have formal training and conduct mold inspections on a regular basis. Any professional mold inspector should gladly provide their qualifications and answer any of your questions regarding the mold inspection process.
The mold inspection process is fairly straightforward when handled by a qualified professional in Ocean Township. The inspector will search both inside and outside of your home for signs of current mold growth or previous mold growth. Past mold growth could indicate a much bigger issue in your home of reoccurring mold, so it is necessary to look for evidence of previous mold growth.
During the inspection process, a mold inspector or team will conduct a thorough walkthrough of your property. This walkthrough will also include searching within the walls of your home and looking for signs of structural damage or wood decay. The inspectors will look for signs of increased moisture or leaks as well because mold needs water to grow.
Mold Removal Services in Ocean Township, NJ
Mold remediation is a more accurate name for the mold removal process. In this process, a professional mold removal team will return the mold levels in your home back to what is normal and healthy for you and your family. The first step in the mold remediation process is to contact a qualified mold removal specialist as soon as you suspect mold is growing in your house.
During the mold removal process, the specialist will thoroughly walkthrough your home and complete a full inspection of your property to find both visible and hidden mold growth. At this point, your mold removal specialist will be able to answer any questions you may have about mold growth in your home and the process of removing mold.
Next, your mold removal team will use mold containment processes to prevent mold from spreading any further. During this process, they will shut of your fan, heating system, and AC to stop the spread of mold spores. By using air filtration equipment, they will then trap mold spores and clean the air in your home. Finally, antimicrobial and antifungal treatments are used to remove mold colonies. Any materials that are infected with mold are removed from your home as well.
Is it Time to Request Mold Removal Services in Ocean Township?
While you may be able to see mold growth in some instances, mold is often spreading in places that are not easily visible. It is possible for mold to grow in your home without there being any visible signs. However, if you are able to see mold growth, it is likely a sign of a more extensive issue. Mold is probably growing in other places as well. Some common indications of mold growth are listed below to help you determine when to contact a mold removal specialist in Ocean Township.
- Allergic reactions that are more serious or frequent can be caused by mold. This is especially true if you only notice these issues in certain room or areas of your home.
- When asthma symptoms become more common or prominent, mold could be to blame.
- If you notice issues that are similar to previous problems related to mold growth, mold could be reoccurring in your home.
- If you recently had mold removal services conducted but suspect they were not thorough, you may need a qualified professional to fully remove mold from your home.
- Water damage or leaks can be hotspots for mold growth because mold needs water to spread.
Top-Notch Mold Removal Services in Ocean Township, NJ
If you are searching for mold removal services in Ocean Township, New Jersey, Nash Everett has your expert solution. As an experienced and highly qualified mold remediation and management specialist, Nash Everett provides free mold estimates and extensive home and health evaluations. If mold is giving you problems, Nash Everett can help you get your home back to normal.