Inspection and Removal for Mold Growth in Middletown, New Jersey
When you find mold in your home, it is easy to feel worried and stressed. Mold growth can cause serious damage to your health and your home, but mold is not always easy to spot. For weeks or months, mold can grow in your home without being visible. Hiring a professional mold inspector and remediation specialist ensures that your home is thoroughly inspected, and any dangerous mold is removed from your home.
It is imperative to start the mold inspection and remediation process as soon as you suspect mold growth in your home. Homeowners should never attempt to remove mold from their home on their own because they can be further exposed to dangerous mold. Keep reading to learn about inspection and remediation services for mold growth in Middletown, New Jersey.
How to Spot Mold Growth in Your Home
The earlier you notice signs of mold growth, the faster you can get your home back to normal. Continued mold growth can lead to severe health problems for everyone in your home and cause significant damage to your property. Unfortunately, mold is not always easy to spot by sight alone. It is possible for mold to grow out of sight for long periods of time before you eventually see mold spores.
Most homeowners have heard of black mold and understand that it is dangerous. However, not all dark-colored mold is black mold. There are many types of mold that can be found growing in Middletown, New Jersey and cause issues for your health and home. Common signs of mold growth are below, which can indicate that it is time to hire mold inspection or remediation services for your house.
- Smells of mildew or musty can be an indication that mold is growing. It is easy for us to get used to these smells in places like our basements or attics, but they are not indicative of a healthy environment. You may be able to locate mold by smell even if mold growth is not visible.
- If you are able to spot mold, it is often a sign that more mold is growing nearby. Any time you see mold growing plain sight, it is important to contact a mold removal specialist right away. Attempting to search for mold yourself will only expose you to more mold spores.
- Whenever you notice that your family is suffering from more frequent or worsened respiratory issues, mold could be to blame. Mold growth in the home can lead to severe allergic reactions and make asthma symptoms worse.
Common Mold Types in Middletown, New Jersey
There is a wide variety of mold that can grow in Middletown, New Jersey. Black mold is not the only dangerous type of mold that can be found in your home. By learning to identify mold, you can understand the impact it can have on your home and your health and learn to prevent it from spreading. Mold is a fungus, and it can quickly spread throughout your home in moist conditions.
There are three classifications of mold. Allergenic molds can worsen symptoms of allergies or cause allergic reactions. Pathogenic molds are more dangerous for people who suffer from acute illnesses. Toxigenic molds, also known as toxic mold, are dangerous for everyone in your home and can potentially lead to death.
- Alternaria is an allergenic mold that looks dark green or brown. It typically has a velvet-like texture and grows in damp areas such as showers or leaking sinks.
- Aspergillus is an allergenic mold that can appear in many colors. It is common to houses in America and can lead to serious allergic symptoms.
- Aureobasidium is an allergenic mold that looks pink, brown, or black. It is usually found behind wallpaper or growing behind painted surfaces.
- Cladosporium is an allergenic mold that can grow in warm or cold conditions. It is an olive-green color or brown, and it may be found in fabrics or carpets.
- Mucor is an allergenic mold that is white or gray and grows in thick patches. It may grow near air conditioning systems or ducting with high moisture and condensation.
- Penicillin is an allergenic mold that is blue or green and has a velvet-like texture. It may be found in fabrics such as carpets or wallpapers and ducting. It also spreads very quickly.
- Trichoderma is an allergenic mold that is usually white with green patches. It is typically found in wet surfaces or moist areas in homes.
- Ulocladium is a pathogenic mold that is generally black. It may be found in buildings with extreme water damage, but it can be easily confused with different mold types.
- Acremonium is a toxigenic mold that may appear pink, gray, orange, or white. It grows in places with condensation, such as humidifiers or window sealants.
- Chaetomium is a toxigenic mold that starts white and changes to gray and brown or black over time. It is commonly found in damp roofs, leaking basements or sinks.
- Fusarium is an allergenic and toxigenic mold that is found in homes experiencing water damage. It is typically pink, white or red, and it can cause serious skin infections.
- Stachybotrys is a toxigenic mold commonly known as “black mold.” It is dark green or black and slimy. It can be found in damp areas with high humidity levels and causes severe health issues.
Mold Inspection in Middletown, NJ
Contacting a professional mold inspector is crucial for properly identifying mold growth in your home. If you allow mold to continue growing, you and those living in your home can suffer from a variety of health issues and your home may have permanent damage. Searching your house yourself will only further expose you to mold spores and increase the likelihood that you will inhale mold. Instead, professional mold inspectors can safely inspect your home.
First, a mold inspector should have a thorough background in mold inspection and removal. They should also be formally trained in removing mold. Be sure to ask for the qualifications of a mold inspector before deciding which services to use.
Once you have chosen your professional mold inspector, set up an inspection appointment. During the inspection, the mold removal specialist will search your home for current mold growth and signs of past growth. Mold growth is dangerous to your health and home, but evidence of previous mold growth can be a sign of a bigger problem. Mold may reoccur if it was not removed properly the first time or if certain conditions exist like moisture and leaks.
A qualified mold inspector in Middletown, New Jersey will search inside and outside your house for signs of mold, including within the walls of your home. They will inspect areas that have structural damage or signs of wood decay to make sure that mold is not to blame. Any signs of moisture or leaks will also be thoroughly inspected to ensure that mold is not spreading in these areas.
Professional Mold Removal in Middletown, NJ
Mold removal, or mold remediation, is the process of returning the levels of mold in your home back to a normal and safe level for both your property and your health. You must first contact a qualified mold remediation specialist to help determine the extent of mold growth and the best process for removal. Attempting to remove mold yourself will only result in health issues and reoccurring mold in your home.
A mold removal specialist will start by inspecting your home and assessing the damage that mold has caused. Next, they will use safe mold containment procedures to stop further mold growth in your house. This process involves shutting off fans as well as heating and cooling systems to prevent mold spores from spreading further.
A professional mold removal team will use air filtration equipment to capture mold spores and clean the air in your house. They will also remove any materials that have been invested with mold. With antimicrobial and antifungal treatments, mold removal specialists will remove mold colonies.
Request Mold Removal Services in Middletown, NJ
Mold growth is not always easy to spot with your eyes. It is possible for mold to grow in your home without being visible for many weeks or months. Some common signs that it is time to request mold remediation services in Middletown, New Jersey are below.
- If you or your family is suffering from allergic reactions, mold could be the problem. Runny noses, itchy eyes, coughing, and sneezing may all be signs of allergies related to mold.
- Asthma symptoms that are getting worse or more frequent could indicate mold growth.
- If you have had issues with mold before and notice similar problems, mold may have reoccurred in your home.
- Mold removal services that were not thorough could leave you with continued mold growth.
- Water damage or leaks in your home can cause mold to spread more quickly.
Top-Notch Mold Removal Services in Middletown, NJ
If you are searching for mold removal services in Middletown, New Jersey, Nash Everett has your expert solution. As an experienced and highly qualified mold remediation and management specialist, Nash Everett provides free mold estimates and extensive home and health evaluations. If mold is giving you problems, Nash Everett can help you get your home back to normal.