Mold Inspection and Removal Services in Howell, NJ
Finding mold is every homeowner’s worst nightmare. Mold spores are able to damage both your property and your health in many ways. While it is possible to spot mold visibly, mold growth can easily hide in unseen places in your home. Employing the services of a qualified mold specialist is necessary to properly inspect your home for mold and provide mold remediation services. Removing mold from your home as quickly and effectively as possible will keep you, your family, and your home safe from the effects of mold growth. Keep reading to learn about mold inspection and removal services in Howell, NJ.
Identify Mold Growth in Your Home
By spotting signs of mold growth early, you can act quickly to have it removed from your home. Just spotting mold growth is not enough, though. There are many cases when mold can grow out of sight and develop for weeks or months before you finally see the mold spores. If mold growth continues for long periods of time, it can become a health hazard and damage your property.
While black mold is one of the most well-known types of mold, it is not the only one for homeowners to be concerned about. There are many types of mold that grow in Howell, New Jersey, and black mold is just one of the dangerous molds that can grow in your home. Below are some common signs that may indicate dangerous mold is growing in your home.
- A mildew smell can indicate mold. Musty smells are frequently common for basements, attics, and other areas of your house, but they also are not healthy. It is easy to get used to the smell of must without realizing that it could be a problem for your health or home. Locating mold by smell is possible when mold growth is not visible.
- When mold is visible, it is usually a sign that more mold is growing nearby. Whenever you spot mold growing in plain sight, it is time to request a home mold inspection right away. Inspecting your home yourself is dangerous because your are mold likely to breath in mold spores. It is also difficult to gauge the full extent of mold growth even if you can see mold.
- If you notice that respiratory issues for you or your family are more prominent or frequent, mold spores can be the root of the problem. When mold grows in your home, it can cause allergic reactions or make asthma symptoms worse.
Types of Mold Found in Howell, NJ
There are many types of mold that can grow in the New Jersey area. While black mold is well-known, not all mold that is dark in color falls into this category. Identifying mold can help you better understand the impact mold can have on your home and your health. As a fungus, mold can spread through your home quickly and damage your health over time.
Molds can be classified into three categories: allergenic molds, pathogenic molds, and toxigenic molds. With allergenic molds present, allergy symptoms and allergic reactions are more common. Pathogenic molds can be particularly dangerous for people who already suffer from acute illnesses, and toxigenic molds can be dangerous for everyone, possibly leading to death.
- Alternaria is an allergenic mold that looks dark green or brown. It typically has a velvet-like texture and grows in damp areas such as showers or leaking sinks.
- Aspergillus is an allergenic mold that can appear in many colors. It is common to houses in America and can lead to serious allergic symptoms.
- Aureobasidium is an allergenic mold that looks pink, brown, or black. It is usually found behind wallpaper or growing behind painted surfaces.
- Cladosporium is an allergenic mold that can grow in warm or cold conditions. It is an olive-green color or brown, and it may be found in fabrics or carpets.
- Mucor is an allergenic mold that is white or gray and grows in thick patches. It may grow near air conditioning systems or ducting with high moisture and condensation.
- Penicillin is an allergenic mold that is blue or green and has a velvet-like texture. It may be found in fabrics such as carpets or wallpapers and ducting. It also spreads very quickly.
- Trichoderma is an allergenic mold that is usually white with green patches. It is typically found in wet surfaces or moist areas in homes.
- Ulocladium is a pathogenic mold that is generally black. It may be found in buildings with extreme water damage, but it can be easily confused with different mold types.
- Acremonium is a toxigenic mold that may appear pink, gray, orange, or white. It grows in places with condensation, such as humidifiers or window sealants.
- Chaetomium is a toxigenic mold that starts white and changes to gray and brown or black over time. It is commonly found in damp roofs, leaking basements or sinks.
- Fusarium is an allergenic and toxigenic mold that is found in homes experiencing water damage. It is typically pink, white or red, and it can cause serious skin infections.
- Stachybotrys is a toxigenic mold commonly known as “black mold.” It is dark green or black and slimy. It can be found in damp areas with high humidity levels and causes severe health issues.
The Mold Inspection Process in Howell, NJ
It is important to contact a professional mold remover if you suspect that mold is growing in your home. Letting mold continue to grow can lead to very serious issues for your health and potentially permanent damage to your home. Attempting to search your own home for mold can be dangerous as it is easy to inhale mold spores when you are exposed. Professional mold inspectors can inspect your property safely and efficiently.
When searching for a mold inspector, look for a professional team with experience and formal training. It is important to find an inspector that has regularly conducts mold inspections and knows what to look for when inspecting your home. Ask for the qualifications of your mold inspection team before moving forward with their services.
The process of mold inspection consists of an inspector or team searching your home for mold growth or evidence of previous growth. Current mold growth can be very dangerous for your health, but signs of past mold growth can indicate a bigger problem. It is possible for mold to reoccur in conditions like leaks or increased moisture.
Mold inspectors will look for mold in many places throughout your home. They will check both the inside and outside of your property, including inside the walls of your home. Any places that are subject to structural damage or wood decay will also be inspected to ensure that mold is not causing the problem. They will also look for source of moisture because mold needs water to continue spreading.
The Mold Removal Process in Howell, NJ
Mold removal is also known as mold remediation. This process involves returning the level of mold in your home back to what is normal and safe. Contacting a qualified mold remediation specialist is the first step in the mold remediation process because it is not something homeowners can do alone.
First, a mold remediation specialist will conduct a thorough inspection of your home and assess any damage mold has caused to your home. They will be ready to answer any questions you have about the process and the results of your inspection to make sure you understand the plan for remediating the mold in your home.
Next, mold remediation specialists in Howell, New Jersey will use mold containment procedures to keep mold from growing more in your home. They will shut off the fans, heating system, and AC in your home to prevent mold spores from spreading. Air filtration equipment is then used to capture mold spores and clean the air in the mold remediation process. Any materials that are invested with mold will be removed and mold remediation specialists will use antimicrobial and antifungal treatments to remove mold colonies.
When to Request Mold Removal Services in Howell, NJ
It is not always possible to see signs of mold growth. Mold can be growing in your home without any visible signs of mold. Also, when mold is visible there is likely a more serious mold growth issue happening behind the scenes. Below are some common signs that indicate it is time to request mold remediation services in Howell, NJ.
- Frequent allergic reactions, especially when contained to a specific room or area of your home, can be caused by mold growth. If you or others in your home experience runny noses, itchy eyes, coughs, and sneezing, mold could be to blame.
- Worsened asthmatic symptoms can also be caused by mold.
- If you notice issues similar to those experienced before due to mold, mold may be reoccurring.
- If you suspect that your recent mold removal services were not conducted thoroughly, you may need to hire an experienced professional.
- Water damage or leaks in your home could be breeding grounds for mold.
Top-Notch Mold Removal Services in Howell, NJ
If you are searching for mold removal services in Howell, New Jersey, Nash Everett has your expert solution. As an experienced and highly qualified mold remediation and management specialist, Nash Everett provides free mold estimates and extensive home and health evaluations. If mold is giving you problems, Nash Everett can help you get your home back to normal.